Interested in learning the Irish Language? Brother Tom Schreiner has put together a compilation of great references of online courses available to help. Additionally, I have added a “Translate to Irish” feature to the website located in the right sidebar at the very top. Simply select “Irish” language and this website will be translated from English to Irish.
Dea-scéal/Good news: beidh Gaeltacht.net ar ais an tseachtain seo chugainn! This new design will run from Nov 25 – Dec 22nd and will incorporate many of your recent suggestions. You may participate at any time over the 4 weeks, as much or as little as you like. This upcoming cycle has a number of changes, namely:
– A simplified format, with 1 course (‘Tascanna‘) for
– 3 language tasks each week (Mon, Wed and Fri). ‘Follow’ the Tascanna blog to have tasks emailed to your inbox. Each week will revolve around a new theme.
– Each task will have a slightly different focus, i.e Monday is ‘Connection’, Wednesday is ‘Creation’ and Friday is for ‘Collaboration’. For more details, please see Gaeltacht.net/about
– 2 Ciorcal Comhrá sessions on Sundays, at 12pm (A0, A1) and 1pm (A2+) EST. You must RSVP in advance to join the conversation sessions. There is also a Marco Polo group and a Caint le Cara forum.
– Increased emphasis on member contribution, collaboration and use of social media.
– More clearly defined role for Cúntóirí Teanga.
– 2 membership levels: ‘Ball/Member’ and ‘Rannpháirtí/Participant’. Participation is free for all current members – simply apply the coupon Gnet44 when registering for the ‘Rannpháirtí/Participant’ level.
Thank you to everyone who submitted their feedback following our Oct 7 – Nov 3rd cycle. I hope to follow up on interviews in December and hear your views on the last cycle and this new version. I am curious to see if this new iteration will be a more sustainable and user-driven model for community members, so I hope you can participate again and I look forward to hearing what you think. (If you know someone who would be suitable to act as a Cúntóir Teanga for 1 week, please invite them to volunteer! Más Cúntóir Teanga thú, líon isteach an fhoirm seo, le do thoil.)
Slán go fóill,